The Heat is On!
The heat is on and even though it can be uncomfortable there is an element of invigoration. We have the desire to get up and get moving. Let’s do something fun! True Joy and fun is inspired from our Soul and nourishes a lifestyle of peace.
5 ways to nourish your Joy this summer:
- Make homemade ice cream in a bag –
- Gather your ingredients and supplies
- 2 zip style plastic bags – one large and one small
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (trays) of ice
- 6 tablespoons salt
- Mix it Up –
- Put milk & sugar and vanilla in a small bag and seal and shake it to mix it well.
- Put the ice and salt in the large bag then place the small bag inside the large bag and seal.
- Shake, Shake, Shake – put on some music and shake for 10 minutes or until the liquid starts to thicken.
- Add sprinkles, syrup or topping and eat it up!
- Plan a Dinner and Movie Night with friends and family
- Pick your Movie
- Set your menu to the theme of the movie
- Invite your friends and family
- Bring your blanket and pillows outside after dark and – StarGaze!
- Light your citronella candles first to shoo away the mosquitos.
- After lunch on Sunday – set up a Kick Croquet Game
- Gather 3 or more hula hoops
- 2 bouncy balls
- Cut the hula hoops and stick each in the ground around the yard
- Mark the beginning and ending sites of the game
- Have each player kick the bouncy ball through the hoops
- The first one to reach the end with the least number of kicks wins!!!
- And my favorite – plant a sunflower fort.
- Plant sunflowers in a semi-circle in the yard
- Once they’ve grown, place a chair in the center and enjoy reading a good book
- The sunflowers will shade you from the sun and keep you cool.
No matter which you choose, just remember to do something fun and bring a little Joy into your summer because You’re Worth It!